SAN DIEGO, Feb. 20, 2013: More than a dozen professional and academic societies are coming together for OCEANS ’13 MTS/IEEE San Diego, An Ocean in Common. The conference is scheduled for September 23-26 with many side activities taking place before, during and after the event, making it the largest and most comprehensive ocean science and engineering gathering in U.S. history. In preparation for that event and as part of the calendar of events in the lead up September, the OCEANS’13 MTS/IEEE Organizing Committee is now inviting the submission of abstracts.
Abstracts may be submitted in one of three categories
- Standard IEEE/OES Paper – abstract, paper, technical session or poster presentation, publication in IEEE Xplore. Poster presentation of a paper, if the author chooses the option, is at the discretion of the Technical Program Chair.
- Student Poster Contest – abstract, paper, poster presentation, Publication in IEEE Xplore
- Special Sessions (Workshops, Forums, etc.) – abstract and presentation, no publication
Standard and Student Poster submissions should be made on-line through the conference website. Contact the Technical Program Chair for submission to Special Sessions.
The local topics and the conference core topics are listed under the Technical Program header on the website.
Paper proposals (extended abstracts) of approximately 500-1000 words and including equations and figures should be submitted in English.
- should clearly explain the intended paper and its technical significance
- should be two pages long, including figures, equations, and references
- must be submitted on-line via the conference website and must be uploaded in PDF format
- must be original work
- shall NOT be advertisements nor overly commercial
- February 20, 2013
- May 3, 2013
Notification to Authors
- June 7, 2013
Final Paper Deadline
- July 26, 2013
Abstract submission will open on February 18, 2013. The deadline for abstract submission will be May 3, 2013. For more information please contact Barbara Fletcher, Technical Program Chair
— 30 —