As part of the Department of Innovation, Business and Rural Development’s (IBRD) initiative to create an Ocean Technology Branch under its own ADM, the department has issued a request for proposals to conduct a comprehensive market opportunity analysis. The information gained through this research will be used to inform the development of a detailed marketing strategy and communication plan that will help guide the provincial government in fulfilling its role as a supporter and promoter of the province’s ocean technology cluster.
The project is on the fast track with the RFP issued on Feb1, 2012 and proposals due just 12 days later on Feb. 13, 2012. The project will begin as soon as a contract can be signed and must be completed by Friday, March 30, 2012.
In the RFP the IBRD invites proposals from qualified marketing and communications agencies to indicate their capabilities and associated costs to conduct a comprehensive market opportunity analysis for the department in three phases. Coordination and consultation with key stakeholders from the ocean technology cluster will be critical to the success of this project.
Activities under the contract, once it is awarded, will include the following:
- A review and analysis of the competitive advantages of the ocean technology cluster within Newfoundland and Labrador;
- A competitive analysis of national and international geographic and jurisdictional entities taking part in the ocean technology sector. These entities will be identified by IBRD and may be supplemented by suggestions from the proponent.
- Identification and evaluation of potential sector-specific target audiences in local, national and international markets including recommendations for market priorities;
- A sector-specific review and analysis of existing knowledge and perceptions of Newfoundland and Labrador’s ocean technology sector within the identified priority markets; and,
- Development of a set of top-line strategic recommendations broadly aimed at improving the province’s global position in the ocean technology sector and as a lead into development of a comprehensive marketing strategy and communications plan.
For more information on this initiative contact:
Diane Taylor, Department of Innovation, Business and Rural Development
Tel: (709)729-1684; Email: email@example.com
– 30 –