MI International in collaboration with the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), the Department of Innovation Business and Rural Development (IBRD) and Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAIT) is hosting an International Financial Institutions (IFI) Business workshop in St. John’s on Thursday, November 8, 2012.
The workshop is aimed at service exporting companies that are familiar with, and would like to pursue opportunities funded by IFIs. The program will include guest speakers who will provide updates from the three largest development banks—Asian Development Bank (ADB), Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), World Bank Group (WBG), as well as other special guests. The list of presenters is as follows:
- Alessandro Pio, Resident Director General, North American Representative Office, Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Carrie Goodge, Senior Counsellor, Office of the Executive Director for Canada
Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
- Laura Dorling, Advisor, Office of the Executive Director for Canada, Ireland, and the Caribbean World Bank Group (WBG)
- Sector specialists from IDB, WBG and staff from the Office of the International Financial Institutions (OLIFI) Washington
- An IFI consultant who has been contracted to develop and deliver business case studies on IFI procurement to help you gain the skills to identify and pursue opportunities funded by the IFIs.
NOTE: For those with limited previous exposure to the IFI market we will be holding a pre session one hour lunch and learn briefing about a week prior to the seminar.
If you plan on attending complete the attached Participant Profile by October 19 and forward to one of the contacts listed below: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PARTICIPANT PROFILE
This is a free event.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mike Howley, Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency; 772-0344; firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Vaughan, Department of Innovation Business and Rural Development; 729-4435;