The Newfoundland and Labrador Ocean Technology Commercialization Initiative Project is a 2-year collaboration of the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Technology Industries Association, OceansAdvance, and Memorial University of Newfoundland.
The project focuses on the cluster’s technology competencies as they were defined in the OceansAdvance Outward Bound 2015 Strategic Agenda. With $360,000 in seed funding from ACOA’s Atlantic Innovation Fund, the Project supports a wide range of activities for ocean technology commercialization.
The technology competency areas of focus may include, but are not limited to:
- Autonomous Systems, Intelligent Systems, Robotics;
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)
- Nanotechnologies and Microsystems
- Information Systems/Sensors: acoustic, optics, electro-magnetic; radio and satellite communications, radar, computer systems and software design
- Vessel/Platform Engineering
- Risk Management/Loss Control
Activities can include, but are not limited to:
- Market Research
- Competitive Intelligence
- Network/Collaboration Facilitation
- Commercialization Planning
- Technology Feasibility/Demonstration
To be considered for funding support, activities should benefit two or more members of the ocean technology cluster, and demonstrate collaborative value to the cluster. Proposed activities should identify commercialization opportunities and expected results. A minimum of 25% co-financing is expected for most activities.
For more information, contact Natasha Hudson, Business Development Coordinator, at email@example.com, or 709-757-3253.