OceansAdvance membership elected its 2019 Board of Directors at this year’s Annual General Meeting held on March 21st . Three new members were elected:
- Paul Brett, Head of School of Ocean Technology at Marine Institute
- Bill Donovan, Senior Program Manager at Kraken Robotic Systems Inc.
- Shelly Petten, Marketing and Communications Manager at Pangeo Subsea
Mike Maguire, Special Advisor for Regulatory Reform with Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP) was re-elected to serve another two-year term.
They will join existing members:
- Neil Bose, VP of Research at Memorial University
- Dave Finn, COO of Petroleum Research Newfoundland and Labrador
- Stephen Hale, VP at Rutter Inc.
- Dave Murrin, Acting Director General at National Research Council (NRC-OCRE)
- Michelle Simms, CEO at Genesis
Each of these individuals brings a wealth of experience and knowledge of the ocean technology sector and will contribute greatly to the growth and expansion of this cluster.
We would like to thank Angela Porter, who chose not to run this year, for her insight and enthusiasm. We look forward to your continued support.
Also thank you to our AGM Guest Speaker, Steve Hall, Chief Executive with the Society for Underwater Technology (SUT). Mr. Hall’s topic covered new emerging technologies that will impact all Ocean sectors including autonomous systems, advanced sensors, emerging regulatory systems etc. and how it ties into offshore energy including renewables & hydrocarbons. Look for more exciting news in the near future about SUT coming to Canada.
Finally, thank you to all of you that participated in making this year’s AGM such a success.
We look forward to a great year in the Ocean Technology sector.