The IEEE Oceanic Engineering Society (IEEE/OES) and Marine Technology Society (MTS) will host the OCEANS’14 MTS/IEEE Asia Conference, April 7-10, 2014, in Taipei, Taiwan. This unique international conference, organized around the theme OCEANS REGENERATION, aims to serve as a bridge between marine scientists and engineers and advance the interdisciplinary fields of ocean science and technology.
Our vision for this conference is to develop new ocean research paradigms based on work by experts in all areas from previous OCEANS conferences. To that end we are calling for the submission of papers for presentation at the conference that address the following topics:
General OCEANS Topics
- Underwater Acoustics and Associated Processing
- Sonar Signal / Image Processing and Communication
- Ocean and Coastal Observing Systems, Platforms and Instrumentation
- Remote Sensing of Air / Ocean Surface
- Ocean Data Visualization, Modeling and Information Management
- Marine Environment, Oceanography and Meteorology
- Optics, Imaging, Vision and E-M Systems
- Marine and Coastal Law, Policy, Management, and Education
- Naval Architecture, Offshore Structures and Technology
- Ocean Vehicles and Floating Structures
Special Topics for OCEANS’14 Taipei
- Ocean Energy
- Offshore Wind Farm
- Offshore Gas Hydrate and Free Gas
- Coral Reef Monitoring
The conference theme of OCEANS REGENERATION speaks to the need to promote scientific methods and research to address environmental concerns about the preservation and improvement of our living Oceans.
The format for the conference includes plenary sessions, technical sessions, special sessions, workshops, a student poster program, and tutorials. The conference exhibition booths will be located near the rooms where technical sessions will be held.