OceansAdvance is the voice of the Newfoundland and Labrador ocean technology innovation cluster. Our mission is to grow the ocean economy for our members and for Canada by:
- Connecting industry, academia, and government on issues that relate to Canada’s ocean economy.
- Promoting growth, innovation, and talent in the ocean sector in Canada.
- Creating an international forum for discussions in ocean technology.
- Being a conduit for distributing research and knowledge in Canada and abroad.
- Identifying regional, national, and international trends and opportunities for our members, partners, and stakeholders.
We are seeking a full-time Office Administrator to support the Executive Director and board of directors, and contribute to the growth of the ocean technology cluster association.
The individual will be required to carry out accounting and general office duties as assigned. As a member of the small team, they will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the NL ocean technology cluster.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the accounting and financial systems – SAGE50, ensuring financial transactions are recorded and classified appropriately for claims to funding partners.
- Supporting the Executive Director in the creation, monitoring, and management of budgets for general operating, projects, and initiatives.
- Preparing internal financial reports as required as well as preparation of financial information for review engagement or audit.
- General office operations including maintaining electronic filing systems general purchasing, auditing travel and other expenses.
- Coordinating meetings including booking meeting space; sending out meeting announcements; tracking registrations; AV support and coordinating catering needs.
- Identifying content for newsletters, posting to website and website maintenance.
- Social media creation and posting.
- Support membership growth and respond to member inquiries and outreach.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The following skills and qualifications are required:
- Completion of post-secondary training in business administration and accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in using SAGE50 or equivalent accounting software package.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a busy office environment.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent time management skills as well as a keen eye for detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Professional and articulate, able to work as part of a team or independently.
- Previous experience or knowledge of provincial and federal funding programs considered an asset.
This position is located at the OceansAdvance offices in St. John’s.
Candidates who are interested in this position should send a cover letter and résumé by 4:00 p.m. September 28, 2022 to:
Please note no telephone calls will be accepted.
Work With Us
An opportunity to work in the exciting and growing ocean technology sector by supporting the growth and success of our members, partners and the oceans innovation ecosystem in NL and Canada. This position is for a 35 hour work week and includes 3 weeks paid vacation, paid sick leave, matched RRSP contributions, a health benefit subsidy as well as a cellphone allowance and paid parking.
Thank you for your interest please note only those chosen for an interview will be contacted and we thank all those who apply.
JOB AD NOW CLOSED.