When: February 25-29, 2018
Contact: Chris Percy, (709) 729-5632
The Department of Tourism, Culture, Industry and Innovation (TCII), through the Atlantic Trade and Investment Growth Strategy (ATIGS) partnership, is currently seeking Newfoundland and Labrador companies interested in participating in a New Exporter mission to Boston, MA. If your company is considering exporting to the United States or is just beginning to export to the United States, this mission is for you.
The New Exporter mission will feature a program of pre-mission meetings to help prepare participants for engaging in this mission. Working collaboratively with the Canadian Consulate in Boston you will also engage with other in-market support organizations such as the New England Canada Business Council and Canadian Entrepreneurs in New England.
Specific Activities will include:
- Preparatory learning sessions focused on how to prepare for the mission, elements required for planning, what to expect in market and follow up on international sales opportunities;
- Selected meetings with Canadian government and business organizations in the New England market such as Canadian Consulate in Boston, Canada New England Business Council, Canadian Entrepreneurs New England, Coalition of New England Companies for Trade (CONECT), and others;
- Opportunities for companies to visit sector specific sites of interest including business incubation centres, accelerators, start-up zones, research centres, educational partners, advanced manufacturing centres and more;
- Education sessions in market on a range of issues related to doing business in the U.S. including: Canadian Consular services, intellectual property protection, setting up U.S. entities, sales strategies for the Boston market;
- For companies ready to sell, business to business meetings with potential sales leads that align with your company objectives;
- Post-mission follow up with the matchmaker to assist with any additional support arising from B2B meetings
Seafood, Agri-Food and Beverage Companies: Please note that this mission overlaps the New England Food Show, a premier event for the food service industry in the Northeastern United States, which takes place February 25 – 27, 2018 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center. Components of the Food Show can be incorporated into the mission for interested companies.
Registration Deadline: Friday, December 8, 2017
Registration fee: $500
Please contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 709-729-5632.