Overview and Update on U.S. Export and Re-Export Controls with Focus on ITAR
This Export USA Webinar is strongly suggested for all Canadian companies who are either doing business in the U.S. defence/aerospace/security market or who plan to do so.
Date: Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Time: 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. EDT (Ottawa Time)
Please register by January 10, 2012.
Participants will gain:
- a refresher on the U.S. export control regimes;
- an overview of the Obama Administration’s proposed reforms;
- the recent ITAR 126.18 “Dual National/Third Country National Policies”; and
- possible transfer of U.S. Munitions List Parts to “Commerce Military Control List”.
At the end of this webinar you will:
- Better understand the U.S. Munitions List and the intricacies of data and technology transfer.
- Know when you/your U.S. partner can use the ITAR Canadian Exemption 126.5.
- Learn under what circumstances export licenses and/or Technical Assistance Agreements should be used.
- Understand recent changes regarding Dual Nationals.
- Be prepared for security enhancements within Controlled Goods Program.
Featured presenter Mr. Gary Stanley is President, Global Legal Services, PC, a Washington, DC-based law firm focusing on trade compliance and other international business issues. Mr. Stanley represents U.S., Canadian, and European clients on defence export control issues.
Mr. Richard Malloy, Trade Commissioner (Defence) at the Canadian Embassy, Washington, DC will be a participating resource person.
After the presentation, there will be a 10-minute Q&A period. The presentation will be in English but the speaker will take questions in both French and English. We invite you to provide your questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, please contact: Marie-Pier.Brunelle@international.gc.ca
You may also be interested in our complete list of upcoming and on-demand webinars