International Science and Technology Partnerships Canada (ISTPCanada) and Brazilian partners, together with the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), are hosting Calls for Proposals (CFP) for industry-led collaborative R&D projects between Canada and Brazil.
The Calls invite companies from Canada and Brazil to propose bilateral R&D projects for the joint development of innovative products or processes. Academic institutions, research hospitals, other institutes, or research associations are strongly encouraged to participate in the projects as co-investigators.
The CFPs aim to stimulate innovative R&D cooperation that address a specific market need or challenge; demonstrate high commercial potential; and deliver benefit to all participants, and more broadly, to both countries.
ISTPCanada and its partners will accept quality application in the following sectors:
• Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
• Ocean Science and Technology
• Life Sciences
• Green Energy & Clean Technologies
On the Canadian side, funding recipients are eligible to receive up to a maximum of CDN $400,000 or up to 50 percent of the total R&D project value.
• ISTPCanada will award funding to Canadian companies as a non-repayable contribution. These recipients are not required to repay this contribution at the completion of the project.
• NSERC will award funding directly to collaborating Canadian university and college researchers as a non-repayable grant if the project has an integrated CRD (Collaborative R&D) or ARD (Applied R&D) component.
ISTPCanada is partnering with several state research foundations and a federal research foundation on this bilateral Call for Proposals.
A Brazilian company from:
• The state of Sao Paulo will receive funding from FAPESP
• The state of Minas Gerais will receive funding from FAPEMIG
• The state of Pernambuco will receive funding from FACEPE
• Any other state is required to secure its own funding for their component of the project; funding may be acquired from state research foundations that include, but are not limited to: FAPERJ (the Rio de Janeiro State Foundation to Support Research); and CNPq (the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development)
ISTP Canada\Country Manager for Brazil
firstname.lastname@example.org or 613.729.3069, ext. 224.