NATI, in partnership with OceansAdvance, ADIANL and ACOA, invites eligible NL companies to participate in the upcoming mission to the 33rd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE 2014), to be held in San Francisco, CA, June 8 – 13, 2014.
The mission is in support of OMAE 2015, which is being held in St. John’s from May 31 to June 5, 2015.
OMAE 2014 is organized and promoted by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), the Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OOAE) Division of the International Petroleum Technology Institute (IPTI), and The University of California, Berkeley (UCB), its Department of Mechanical Engineering, and Center of Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society (CITRIS), Marine Innovation & Technology (MI&T).
The OMAE 2015 local organizing committee will be promoting the 2015 event in San Francisco during this year’s conference. Activities to promote the OMAE 2015 event will in include a Newfoundland themed reception on the Thursday evening of the Conference. It is expected that NL participation at OMAE 2014 will lead to a higher number of delegates traveling to St. John’s to participate in the 2015 event. OMAE 2015 is organized and promoted by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), the Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OOAE) Division of the International Petroleum Technology Institute (IPTI), the Ocean Engineering Research Centre (OERC) – Memorial University, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador – Innovation, Business and Rural Development, ACOA and the Research & Development Corporation.
OMAE 2014 is the ideal forum for researchers, engineers, managers, technicians and students from the scientific and industrial communities from around the world to:
- Meet and present advances in technology and its scientific support;
- To exchange ideas and experiences whilst promoting technological progress and its application in industry; and
- To promote international cooperation in ocean, offshore and arctic engineering.
In line with the tradition of excellence of previous OMAE conferences, more than 900 technical papers are planned for presentation. Representatives from industry, academia and government from over 40 countries will join together to discuss the technical progress in the field of ocean, offshore and arctic engineering in recent years, and confront the technical challenges for the near future.
OMAE 2014’s program will follow the tradition of excellence standard in all previous OMAE conferences. The following 10 standard symposia plus 2 special symposia are planned:
- SYMP 1 Offshore Technology
- SYMP 2 Structures, Safety and Reliability
- SYMP 3 Materials Technology
- SYMP 4 Pipeline and Riser Technology
- SYMP 5 Ocean Space Utilization
- SYMP 6 Ocean Engineering
- SYMP 7 Polar and Arctic Science and Technology
- SYMP 8 CFD and VIV
- SYMP 9 Ocean Renewable Energy
- SYMP 10 Offshore Geotechnics
- SYMP 11 Petroleum Technolog
- SYMP 12 Professor Emeritus J. Randolph Paulling Honoring Symposium on Ocean Technology
Eligible NL firms are offered 3 levels of participation based on their requirements. Delegate services include an in-market consultant to assist with arranging meetings during the conference, and booth space on the trade show floor.
As a participant of the delegation, companies can opt for:
- One shared booth & meeting space at the OMAE 2014 Conference for the exclusive use of the NL delegation;
- One full access pass for the Conference and Exhibition;
- Access to the Final Event Banquet reception during the Conference;
- Access to the Newfoundland-themed event Night;
- An in-market consultant will be provided to assist companies in arranging their business to business meetings; and
- Discounted group hotel rate.
Please contact Natasha Hudson if you have any questions, or to register for this initiative.
Natasha Hudson, Business Development Executive, NATI – Accelerating the Business of Technology
p: 1.709.757.3253, e: email@example.com w: www.nati.net