SAN DIEGO, March 25 – OCEANS`13 MTS/IEEE San Diego, September 23-26, An Ocean in Common, is calling for technical papers and posters, and student competition posters, in the form of abstracts due May 3. Complete details on topics, eligibility and submission can be found here.
An Ocean in Common is bringing together global and community leaders in government, science, engineering, enterprise and industry, making it the largest and most comprehensive ocean science and engineering gathering in U.S. history. It features tutorials, multiple tracks of technical sessions, keynote speakers, receptions, public exhibit halls, a banquet on the USS Midway, and side events to enjoy before and after the conference.
General themes for papers and posters include local topics that showcase San Diego’s leading role in marine innovation and maritime history, and core technical tracks.The local topics are:
- Deepest Ocean Operations;
- San Diego Maritime History;
- Wrecks to Reefs;
- 50 Years of Marine Technology;
- Government/Industry/Academia Synergy;
- Ocean Gliders–Technology and Applications; and Marine Security and Defense.
The core technical tracks are:
- Underwater Acoustics and Acoustical Oceanography;
- Sonar Signal/Image Processing and Communication;
- Ocean Observing Platforms, Systems and Instrumentation;
- Remote Sensing;
- Ocean Data Visualization, Modeling and Information Management;
- Marine Environment, Oceanography and Meteorology;
- Optics, Imaging, Vision and E-M Systems;
- Marine Law, Policy, Management and Education;
- Offshore Structures and Technology; and
- Ocean Vehicles and Floating Structures.
Abstract Submissions and Notifications
Abstract submissions are due on May 3, 2013. Authors will be notified on June 7, and the final deadline for papers and posters is July 26 to be included in the OCEANS`13 MTS/IEEE San Diego Proceedings. Student poster competition winners will be selected to attend the conference. Papers presented at the conference will be included in the Proceedings and published in IEEE Xplore.
For more information on this Call for Abstracts or to submit ideas for Special Sessions, please contact Barbara Fletcher, Technical Program Chair and be part of An Ocean in Common–celebrating MTS 50th Anniversary
For more information about celebrations, schedules, exhibit space, registration, sponsorships, participating partners and societies, or side events including a film festival, golf tournament and trips to explore San Diego’s world-class attractions, please visit the event website here.
– 30 –
Media inquiries: Contact Martha Shaw, Publicity Director, email@example.com