NEIA’s Oil Industry and the Environment Seminar, NOTES 2015, is taking place on April 27-28, 2015 at the Delta Hotel in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador.
Organizers are now calling for thematically related Abstracts for Presentations and Full-conference Sessions. The deadline for submitting an abstract is January 15, 2015. Abstracts may be submitted via email to Kieran Hanley.
NOTES 2015 is a solutions-focused event with the intent to contribute to the increased efficiency and sustainability of the industry. With Hon. Preston Manning as its keynote speaker, the conference features presentations and discussion on themes ranging from environmental modelling and monitoring to the development and application of new technologies.
The themes identified as subjects of interest for the NOTES 2015 conference, as they relate to the oil and gas industry in Newfoundland and Labrador, include the following:
- Development and application of new environmental technologies
- Public and stakeholder consultation
- Environmental modelling and monitoring
- Environmental conditions and their influence on planning, design and conduct of oil and gas activities
- Environmental regulatory processes
- Planning and conducting environmental fieldwork, particularly in challenging
- Environmental issues and their mitigation / management
- Socioeconomic effects and benefits planning
In submitting Abstracts for presentation at NOTES 2015, bear in mind that they must relate strongly to one of the conference themes outlined above. To be considered as a presenter you must also include with your submission the title and type of proposed presentation; a 250-word summary of the presentation proposed; and the presenter’s name and brief biographical statement.
Abstracts will be reviewed on the basis of relevance to the conference themes and the significance of the content to the NOTES 2015 audience. Submitters will be notified shortly after the deadline only if their abstract is accepted for NOTES 2015.
Proposals for full conference sessions are also welcome if they are of a nature that would be of interest and importance to the oil and gas industry. With your submission, in addition to the title of the session and a 250-word summary of the session proposed, please include a list of presenters, their affiliations and the titles of their presentations.
- NOTES 2015 conference information can be found on the NEIA website.
- Questions about the conference may be submitted via email to Kieran Hanley.
NEIA is a not-for-profit association of businesses which focuses on the growth and development of the green economy in Newfoundland and Labrador. In pursuit of this objective, we aim to drive the innovative capacity and productivity of our local industries as they relate to environmental protection, mitigation, or monitoring.