ISTPCanada and its partners ahave announced a one week extension on the deadline for Expressions of Interest for the Canada-Brazil Call for Proposals for bilateral R&D projects. All Expressions of Interest will be required for submission on June 18, 2012. Click here to access Canada-Brazil Calls for Proposals
The Calls invite companies from Canada and Brazil to propose bilateral R&D projects for the joint development of innovative products or processes. Academic institutions, research hospitals, other institutes, or research associations are strongly encouraged to participate in the projects as co-investigators.
The CFPs aim to stimulate innovative R&D cooperation that address a specific market need or challenge; demonstrate high commercial potential; and deliver benefit to all participants, and more broadly, to both countries.
ISTPCanada and its partners will accept quality applications from interests in the following sectors:
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Ocean Science and Technology
- Life Sciences
- Green Energy & Clean Technologies
On the Canadian side, funding recipients are eligible to receive up to a maximum of CDN $400,000 or up to 50 percent of the total R&D project value.
- ISTPCanada will award funding to Canadian companies as a non-repayable contribution. These recipients are not required to repay this contribution at the completion of the project.
- NSERC will award funding directly to collaborating Canadian university and college researchers as a non-repayable grant if the project has an integrated CRD (Collaborative R&D) or ARD (Applied R&D) component.
ISTPCanada is partnering with several state research foundations and a federal research foundation on this bilateral Call for Proposals.
A Brazilian company from:
- The state of Sao Paulo will receive funding from FAPESP
- The state of Minas Gerais will receive funding from FAPEMIG
- The state of Pernambuco will receive funding from FACEPE
- Any other state is required to secure its own funding for their component of the project; funding may be acquired from state research foundations that include, but are not limited to: FAPERJ (the Rio de Janeiro State Foundation to Support Research); and CNPq (the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development)
Click here for full details on this CFP and to access the CFP related documents.
Contact: Bharat Rudra, Country Manager for Brazil at email@example.com or 613.729.3069, ext. 224.