The Maritimes Energy Association will be the lead organizer of an Atlantic Canadian Trade Mission to Palm Beach, Aruba, from October 8-12, 2013. This mission will coincide with the Caribbean Renewable Energy Forum (CREF) and is supported by Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, the Nova Scotia Department of Energy, and Nova Scotia Business Inc
CREF has emerged as an important event for Caribbean and further a a-field stakeholders to get together to network, exchange ideas and to do business together. This translates into an opportunity over the course of two days to meet the vast majority of stakeholders currently working on projects and initiatives in the Caribbean, be they Government Ministers or the CEOs of top international developers. CREF provides a compelling mixture of world-class content and superlative opportunities to meet all the key participants in this rapidly emerging renewable market.
Whether you are a renewable energy project developer, a service provider, a technology solutions provider, a researcher or a multilateral active in the Caribbean or looking to better understand regional policy and opportunities, CREF is a must-attend event.
THE MISSION PROGRAM WILL INCLUDE:
- Atlantic Canada Booth — We have reserved 10×10 booth space in the exhibit area to highlight the capabilities of Atlantic Canadian companies interested in this mission. Trade Mission participants can display company information and spend time in the booth as one way of meeting with potential partners and clients.
- Complimentary Conference & Exhibitor registration for one person/per company–One full conference pass will be provided per company for this mission. This will allow access to the exhibition, all CREF sessions and admission to all networking events, including coffee breaks, lunches, and cocktail receptions. Any additional can be purchased through The Maritimes Energy Association for US $1250.00.
- Matchmaker–Along with booth space, we are offering the services of a “matchmaker” to identify your goods and services with potential buyers as well as networking opportunities through company briefings and potential networking events.
- Company Profile Booklet—We will create a booklet to have at the booth with all attending companies, profiles, contact info, logos and general information on the industry in Atlantic Canada
- Networking Opportunities—We are working on identifying possible receptions & networking opportunities that the Atlantic Canada delegation can attend.
- Hotel Block Booking—Atlantic Canada Delegates will have access to a block of rooms secured at a group rate.
- ·Pre-Mission Briefing Session (in Aruba)We will hold a pre-mission briefing for all delegates the day before the conference begins in Palm Beach.
For your convenience, we will be reserving a block of rooms for our delegation at a local hotel close to the conference centre. Please be advised that there are a limited number of rooms available and these will go on a first come first served basis. Once you are registered and paid to be part of this delegation, additional information on how to reserve your room will be sent.
MISSION FEE & OTHER ESTIMATED COSTS:
Many of the costs of this mission are being covered through ACOA, the Nova Scotia Department of Energy, and NSBI including the booth and matchmaker service. There will be a participation fee for this trade mission and participants will be responsible for their own travel and accommodations. Companies will be screened by ACOA, the Nova Scotia Department of
Energy, and NSBI, and must be in good standing with the Government in order to participate.
YOUR ESTIMATED EXPENSES:
Participation Fee: $500.00 Cdn (plus tax) payable to The Maritimes Energy Association and refundable following participation in CREF
Flight Fee: $1100.00 Cdn estimate only for Air Canada, return ticket from Halifax
Hotel Fee: $179.00 US per night
Conference Registration: One CREF conference pass will be supplied per company registration for this mission. Any additional conference registrations can be purchased through The Maritimes Energy Association.
The CREF registration fee to attend CREF 2013 is US$1250.00 and allows access to all sessions, exhibition and networking events/receptions. If you would like to take part in Green Aruba
(October 9, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) please note that it is not included in your CREF Conference registration. An additional registration may be purchased through The Maritimes Energy Association for US$425.00. (www.greenaruba.org)
INTERESTED IN ATTENDING?
If you would like to participate in this mission or require additional information, please contact
Jennifer.Cormier, Trade Development Officer, Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
Phone: 902.426.9121, Email: Jennifer.cormier@acoa, apeca.gc.ca