It’s exciting times in the oceans sector!
OceansAdvance would like to take this opportunity to thank their partners, stakeholders and collaborators for their commitment and dedication in helping us develop our recently submitted EOI to Canada’s Ocean Supercluster’s (OSC) Accelerated Ocean Solutions Program. This innovative funding opportunity is one more way OSC will help accelerate the growth of Canada’s oceans sector by supporting opportunities for industry, research and organizations such as OceansAdvance as we help grow Canada’s economy.
Who’s onboard to date:
- Municipalities: City of St. John’s
- Industry: PanGeo; Kraken; Rutter
- National, Provincial and Regional Technology Associations and Non-Profit Organizations: Technopole du Maritime; MITACs; Ocean Technology Council of Nova Scotia; Invest Ottawa; Destination Canada; Women in Resource Development Corporation; Centre for Ocean Ventures and Entrepreneurship; SmartICE ; COMPASS ; Association of Engineering Technicians and Technologists of Newfoundland and Labrador ; Newfoundland and Labrador Environmental Industry Association; Atlantic Canada Aerospace & Defense and the Association of British Columbia Marine Industries
- Post-Secondary Institutions and Research Organizations: Memorial University; the Marine Institute; Genesis Centre; College of the North Atlantic;
- Federal Government: Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA); Global Affairs Canada
- Provincial Government: Government of Newfoundland and Labrador; the Department of Tourism, Culture, Industry and Innovation (TCII) of Newfoundland and Labrador; Innovation New Brunswick ; Nova Scotia Business Inc.
This list includes 4 new partners and one additional Province since our submission on Friday! If we are successful in our bid for funding there will be many more opportunities for joining this diverse and inclusive group of organizations.
Our proposed Canadian Women in Oceans Leadership Conference or CWOIL will see the gathering of local, regional, national and international attendees. Our aim is to provide a focused and comprehensive leadership program which will enable and accelerate Canadian innovation, research and technology development, market and export leadership opportunities in ocean industries.
This exciting opportunity will be the first of its kind in Canada and will attract a diverse mix of established industry, research, academic, and government ocean decision-makers, influencers and leaders with tactics, lessons learned and inspirational stories from every walk of life.
If you wish to learn more about our EOI or would like to join the growing number of supporters for this initiative please feel free to reach out to Cathy Hogan, Executive Director @ firstname.lastname@example.org
So, wish us luck and stay tuned.