connect. engage. advance.
OceansAdvance is your connection point to the ocean technology
innovation ecosystem in Newfoundland and Labrador
Atlantic Canada Aerospace and Defence Association (ACADA)
WORKING TOGETHER TO ADVANCE THE INTERESTS OF OUR AEROSPACE, DEFENCE, AND SECURITY INDUSTRIES IN ATLANTIC CANADA
The Atlantic Canada Aerospace and Defence Association (ACADA) is a collaborative SME-focused organization representing the interests of the aerospace, defence and security industries in Atlantic Canada. ACADA is comprised of approximately 170+ industry members and organizations across Atlantic Canada.
ACADA works collaboratively with industry members, provincial and federal government agencies, and other key stakeholders to facilitate strategic industry development on behalf of the region while promoting the Atlantic Canada brand locally, nationally, and internationally.
ACADA members are delivering products and services to the global marketplace in land, marine, and air/space domains for both commercial and defence applications.
The ACADA has a mandate to promote and facilitate the growth of our Atlantic Canadian aerospace, defence, and security industries.
The ACADA plays an important leadership role as the regional voice and facilitator for strategic industry engagement and has a proven track record as an effective vehicle for harmonizing national and global promotion and advancement of the sector in Atlantic Canada.
The organization has been an instrumental contributor to the exponential growth of the SMEs involved in the industry, growing the sector (both directly and indirectly) by 150% over the last 12 years.
The ACADA focuses on a number of key initiatives and priorities on behalf of our membership including:
- Advocacy – to ensure the voice of members remains prevalent at all levels of government with respect to industry challenges & decisions concerning public policies, programs & initiatives.
- Marketing/Promotion – to heighten the awareness and profile of the Atlantic Canadian industry and resident capabilities, both domestically and globally.
- Business Development/Supply Chain Engagement – to improve market access and growth in defence and commercial supply chains.
- Member Development – to address industry-specific, geographically-sensitive needs and enhance the skills and competitiveness of industry members.
- Innovation & Commercialization – to lead initiatives to enhance innovation and commercialization capacity in the region by facilitating R&D investments, academia-industry partnerships, and commercialization of start-ups.
- Workforce Development and Career Promotion – to improve access to a trained workforce by shaping the content of post-secondary training, influencing immigration policy, promoting industry career choices among high school students, as well as shaping high school curriculum to prepare students for entrance into post-secondary educational programs.