Join us for the annual Subsea Innovation Day. We will focus on technology challenges seen from the major players in the industry with the aim to establish joint RDI projects.
The focus this year will be directed at opportunities and challenges related to digitalisation. Moreover, the Subsea Innovaton Day will be held as a digital conference, due to the the corona virus pandemi.
The main topics are;
- autonomy and robotics
- communication and underwater internet of things
- sensing, advanced data analysis, survey and inspection
This is the event for all those working with technology as well as managers and business developers who are scouting for new opportunities.
Part one – National Technology Strategies
- OG21 – Norway’s oil and gas technology strategy for the 21st century, Kjetil Skaugset, Head of OG21 TTA4 and Senior Advisor Technology Management Equinor
- OGTC – Technology Roadmap and examples of new technologies in the pipeline, Graeme Rogerson Project Manager The Oil and Gas Technology Centre (OGTC)
- NORWEP – Offshore wind technology challenges and subsea cross-over potential, David S. Ottesen, Director Wind NORWEP
Part two – Perspective of Suppliers and Authorities
- Knowit – Your data is not gold yet. Lesson lead from different industries, Kristin Sand Bakken, Consultant, Strategy & Business Development Knowit
- PSA – HSE requirements for application of new technology, Eirik Duesten, Principal Engineer Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA)
- Aker Solutions – TBA
- Innovation Norway – funding opportunities and Covid-19 measures
- The Research Council of Norway – funding opportunities and Covid-19 measures
Part three – Operators Technology Challenges
- Equinor – Technology strategy with focus on subsea challenges and possibilities, Caroline B. Harvengt, Leading Advisor Subsea Processing Equinor
- Repsol – Subsea digitalisation technology challenges, Ane Bryne Berg, Repsol
- Lundin – Seabed mapping – Experiences and technologies we like to see in the future, Harald Brunstad, Chief Geologist Lundin
- ConocoPhilips – TBA
Part four – Working groups
- Participants will be divided into different working groups based on topic of interest to be able to discuss different topics and challenges further.
Establishing Joint RDI Projects
Key national technology strategies will be presented this day, and we will use the plans for the SFI Smart Ocean and Centre for Deep Sea Innovation, as a starting point for identifying new possibilities and establishing joint RDI projects.
Key partners will present their technology challenges and visions for the future which they would like the industry and the research partners to address.
Participation and Costs
This year the event is open for all and free of charge, to give all companies an opportunity to join in at these difficult times. A link to the digital conference will be sent to participants in due time before it starts.
Learn more about GCE Ocean Technology Membership.
Register by 28 April.
Coronavirus update: There is great uncertainty about how the corona virus (Covid-19) will affect Norway in the coming weeks. This means that plans for our events may change. GCE Ocean Technology’s main priority is that all our speakers and participants are safe at our events. We continue to monitor the situation closely, and will at all times relate to the current decisions of the Bergen Municipality and the Institute of Public Health (FHI) at large events. We will make ongoing reviews and provide necessary updates along the way. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.