MASS15 is a three-day conference organized by the Aerospace and Defence Industry Association of Newfoundland and Labrador (ADIANL). It will be held in St. John’s, NL on October 13 – 15, 2015. This year’s theme is “Collaboration for Effect” and it will bring together government, military, Coast Guard, academia, industry, Norwegian representatives, research and other stakeholders.
Last year, MASS14 attracted 230 delegates and this year we expect over 300, as MASS grows into a key international forum. We are in discussions to draw in speakers from Germany, Sweden, Denmark and NATO. Key highlights so far include:
Day 1: Maritime Domain Capability
- Rear-Admiral Newton from the Royal Canadian Navy will present
- Marine Institute of Memorial University of Newfoundland to present
- Seeking shipyard and United States Navy participation
Day 2: Search and Rescue Capability
- Fixed and Rotary Wing SAR, Coast Guard capabilities and ground search capabilities
Day 3: Oil and Gas Safety & Security
- Overview of the oil and gas environment
- Safety issues such as ice, Arctic navigation and internal security
For more information and to register, please visit www.maritimearcticsecurity.com.