The Westin Ottawa ~ 11 Colonel By Drive
A time to lead: – advancing Canada’s marine renewable energy industry
ONLINE REGISTRATION Now Open – CLICK HERE (early bird rate in effect until Sept 15th, 2017)
As investment in clean energy begins to outpace fossil fuels and governments develop policies to facilitate that energy transition, new opportunities are emerging for the marine renewable energy sector.
At the same time, marine renewable energy in Canada has been progressing, achieving milestones and industry “firsts.” The question now is – how do we ensure that marine renewable energy continues to progress, building a new industry and playing an important role in Canada’s – and the world’s – new energy mix.
This year’s Marine Renewables Canada Annual Conference will explore the path forward for marine renewable energy. It will examine what the strategy going forward could look like and how the growing focus and priority on renewables and cleantech by society, investors, and governments will play a role.
Key features of the conference will include:
- Highlights on Canadian achievements, milestones, and progress by industry leaders
- Insight on strategies, policies, and actions to accelerate sector development
- Identification of partnership and investment opportunities to support marine renewable energy projects
- Opportunities and progress in wave, river current, and tidal energy research, innovation, and development
- Updates on global marine renewable energy market opportunities and challenges
- Insights on future energy trends and policies that could impact the sector
- Multiple networking opportunities to meet leaders and experts from business, government, and academia that will help build connections and support emerging industry needs.
The Marine Renewables Canada conference represents the largest and most significant event of the year for Canada’s marine renewable energy industry. We welcome and encourage other sectors to attend and discover opportunities to get involved in this emerging industry.
Agenda and conference details will be updated on an ongoing basis….check back often.