DATE: Sep 9 – 14, 2013
LOCATION: Delhi and Mumbai, India
The Maritimes Energy Association is the lead organizer of a Trade Mission to India (Delhi & Mumbai) September 9 -14, 2013 with travel suggested from Sept.7 – 15. This mission coincides with the Renewable Energy India Expo (REI) and is supported through the ACOA Business Development Program.
The goal of this mission is to introduce Atlantic Canadian renewable energy firms and organizations to the Indian market and help identify potential niche markets and export opportunities. The mission includes a matchmaking service; site visits to significant players in the energy sector in Mumbai, Pune and Delhi; meetings for participating businesses that provide firm contacts and alliances that could ultimately lead to sales for new exports; and internal travel in India. Part of this mission includes attending the Renewable Energy India Expo (REI), in the capital of Delhi, September 12 – 14, 2013. REI expects more than 15,000 delegates. It is billed as the conference for cutting edge technologies, market insights, networking, product launches, and insight of the Indian regulatory framework for mainstreaming and up scaling of renewable energy.
Attending REI provides an opportunity to network with major players in India’s renewable energy sector, while also affording the delegation the opportunity to visit the major energy associations headquartered in the National Capital Region. The mission includes a visit to Mumbai for meetings with significant energy companies headquartered in that city and nearby Pune.
TRADE MISSION SERVICES:
Matchmaker – Kinetic Cubed is contracted to provide matchmaking services for this mission to include group site visits to energy leaders in the Mumbai/Pune area, as well as business to business meetings during the Renewable Energy India Expo in Delhi.
- REI Registration – Atlantic Canada delegates will be registered to attend the REI Conference with business to business meetings arranged with attending companies with the help of Kinetic Cubed
- Networking Opportunities – Potential receptions & networking opportunities for participants both in Mumbai and In Delhi.
- Hotel Block Booking – Hotel accommodation will be arranged, but delegates are responsible to pay the cost of all accommodation and meals during the mission.
- In-country travel arrangements – Both ground and air transportation are included for delegates while in India.
- Pre-Mission Briefing Session (in India) – A pre-mission briefing for all delegates will be held in India, the evening before the first day of the mission in Mumbai.
For your convenience, hotel accommodations will be arranged with the support of Kinetic Cubed India office. Participants are responsible for the cost of all hotel accommodation and meals.
TRADE MISSION FEE AND OTHER ESTIMATED COSTS:
Many of the costs of this mission are covered through the Business Development Program (BDP) including travel within India and the matchmaker service. There is a registration fee of $500.00 per company. Participants are responsible for their own travel to and from India and the cost accommodations and meals while in India. Below is a breakdown of your estimated expenses:
$500.00 Cdn (plus tax) ** Payable to The Maritimes Energy Association
PASSPORT AND VISA REQUIREMENTS
Canadian Passports must be valid for at least 6 months from the day you arrive in India and contain two blank pages for a visa. A Visa is also required for Canadian Citizens to travel to India (approx. $180.00 CDN). It is each delegate’s responsibility to obtain the necessary travel documents. Please allow one month for the visa processing.
For more information CLICK HERE.
$2200.00 Cdn ** estimate only for Air Canada, return ticket from Halifax
The mission requires arrival in Mumbai 7/8 September and departure from Delhi 15 September
Hotel Fee Roughly $200 CDN per night
INTERESTED IN ATTENDING?
If you would like to participate in this mission or require additional information, please contact:
Judy Lynch – Member Relations Coordinator
The Maritimes Energy Association
Phone: (902) 496-3183
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Saturday 7 September – Arrival into Mumbai (Typically arrival at 2am following day, ie Sunday 2am for flights via Europe)
- Sunday 8 September – Day of relaxation / site seeing in Mumbai, arranged by Kinetic Cubed. Mission Briefing.
- Monday 9 September – Group visit to organisations of interest in Mumbai / Site visits
- Tuesday 10 September – Group visits to organisations of interest in Mumbai in the morning. Travel by road in the afternoon to Pune, check into hotel.
- Wednesday 11 September – Group visits to organisations of interest in Pune / Site visits. Evening flight to New Delhi.
- Thursday 12 September – Meetings with energy related associations in New Delhi, followed by visit to Expo for B2B meetings
- Friday 13 September – same as Thursday above
- Saturday 14 September – Either visit the expo or a day of relaxation / reflection (possible day trip to Taj Mahal, Agra – at extra cost)
Typically the return flights via Europe, will be in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Atlantic Canadian Companies Invited to Explore the Renewable Energy Market in India
If you have any questions on the program or why India could have potential for your organization, please contact either Judy at the Maritimes Energy Association or Tony Aggarwal of Kinetic Cubed (firstname.lastname@example.org)