June 8 – 13, 2014 San Francisco, USA
NATI, in partnership with OceansAdvance, ADIANL and ACOA, invites eligible NL companies to participate in the upcoming mission to the 33rd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE 2014), to be held in San Francisco, CA, June 8 -13, 2014.
OMAE 2014 is organized and promoted by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), the Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OOAE) Division of the International Petroleum Technology Institute (IPTI), and The University of California, Berkeley (UCB), its Department of Mechanical Engineering, and Center of Information Technology Research in the Interest of Society (CITRIS), Marine Innovation & Technology (MI&T).
OMAE 2015 will be hosted in St. John’s, NL in 2015. The local organizing committee will be promoting the 2015 event in San Francisco during this year’s conference. Activities to promote the 2015 event will in include a Newfoundland themed reception on the Thursday evening of the Conference. It is expected that NL participation at OMAE 2014 will lead to a higher number of delegates traveling to St. John’s to participate in the 2015 event.
OMAE 2014 is the ideal forum for researchers, engineers, managers, technicians and students from the scientific and industrial communities from around the world to:
- Meet and present advances in technology and its scientific support;
- To exchange ideas and experiences whilst promoting technological progress and its application in industry; and
- To promote international cooperation in ocean, offshore and arctic engineering.
In line with the tradition of excellence of previous OMAE conferences, more than 900 technical papers are planned for presentation. Representatives from industry, academia and government from over 40 countries will join together to discuss the technical progress in the field of ocean, offshore and arctic engineering in recent years, and confront the technical challenges for the near future.
OMAE 2014’s program will follow the tradition of excellence standard in all previous OMAE conferences. The following 10 standard symposia plus 2 special symposia are planned:
- SYMP 1 Offshore Technology
- SYMP 2 Structures, Safety and Reliability
- SYMP 3 Materials Technology
- SYMP 4 Pipeline and Riser Technology
- SYMP 5 Ocean Space Utilization
- SYMP 6 Ocean Engineering
- SYMP 7 Polar and Arctic Science and Technology
- SYMP 8 CFD and VIV
- SYMP 9 Ocean Renewable Energy
- SYMP 10 Offshore Geotechnics
- SYMP 11 Petroleum Technology
- SYMP 12 Professor Emeritus J. Randolph Paulling Honoring Symposium on Ocean Technology
Contact Natasha Hudson, Business Development Executive, NATI if you have any questions, or to register for this initiative. p:709.757.3253, www.nati.net